Monday, May 22, 2006

Law of Attraction and Our Meddling Ways

Lately I keep running across reminders about the Law of Attraction, one of those universal laws. There is a good article called The Secret of Doing without Doing. Here is an excerpt that addresses timing and visualization:

Put simply, you should take no action on anything until you have visualized
your desire and made it real enough in your mind that your next action (step),
whatever it is, seems like the most logical step.


How can you know the next logical step? Here is the test that you can give to yourself before taking any action: If you focus on what you desire and still feel overwhelmed or anxious, then you are not ready for any action. You know you are ready when it feels like the next logical step is effortless. There is no effort, no strain and no pain.

The whole article is really concise, but I found those above paragraphs to be 'The Key' . And it is this key that is sometimes missing when practicing visualization and the Law of Attraction. I think I have been fortunate in that in my life, I think I have just instinctively sensed when that moment came to initiate the change I visualized all a long. It was always a feeling of 'now is the time'.

But I also remember, there were times I had a very strong sense of that, but ignored it. Or worse, squelched it for some 'logical' reason or other. In other words, I talked myself of a powerful, motivational moment. I interfered with the natural course of progress by concentrating too much on the 'how' a desired state could materialize rather than on the knowledge that it will happen...and I don't need to know how. I just needed to 'feel' it like it was there already.

Life always arranges the circumstances for us to achieve that what we truly desire. We don't need to worry about that part.

Things work for me, somehow. And even more so as the years go on. I think concentrating on the inner works of intent and positive energy gives us the sense of timing. Until that moment comes all WE have to do is prepare a little when necessary and internalize our visions...as if they are all ready happening. HOW circumstances are arranged for us, just isn't our concern. In fact, it is wasted energy that interfers with the process.

Life means well with us...if we'd just stop interferring and complicating things for ourselves.

No comments: